Decadent Chocolate Squares
This is probably our favorite chocolate recipe – it’s simple, quick and we haven’t tasted better chocolate anywhere!
- ½ Cup Coconut Oil
- ½ Cup Coconut Manna or Cacao Butter or Coconut Cream (Manna is also known as Coconut Spread)
- ½ Cup Maple Syrup
- ½ Cup of Coconut Sugar (or other granular sweetener)
- 2 Tablespoons Vanilla
- 2-3 ounces Cacao Bar Shavings
- Cacao Beans for garnish, optional
- Other garnish options: coconut flakes, diced hazelnut, salt, orange peel
Melt Coconut Oil & Manna to liquid consistency in a double boiler, being careful not to burn. Once liquid, add maple syrup and keep heat so the mixture is warm. Add Cacao Shavings and Coconut Sugar and stir until smooth. A whisk or fork for a minute or two works well. Add vanilla and stir again. Pour into a separate container and place in fridge. Let sit until it hardens. Cut out chocolate squares and garnish with beans to serve.
It's possible to make this recipe without a double boiler setup. Use a regular pot and keep it on the lowest heat setting and stir continually so it doesn't burn.